Become a Volunteer
Volunteers are vital to South Essex Community Council. Volunteers provide their time, enthusiasm, ideas and skills to help SECC to better serve our Community through a variety of programs and services. Without volunteers, many programs and services offered by our organization simply would not exist.
Our Strength Lies in our Volunteers
Volunteers are vital to South Essex Community Council. Volunteers provide their time, enthusiasm, ideas and skills to help SECC to better serve our Community through a variety of programs and services. Without volunteers, many programs and services offered by our organizatioin simply would not exist.
SECC strives to match persons interested in volunteering with volunteer positions suited to their interests, skills, abilities and availability. Orientation and training is provided based on requirements of volunteer positions. Long-term, short-term, event, and project based volunteer positions are available.
Areas of volunteer involvement include:
- Adult Day Program Assistant
- Board of Directors
- Coats for Kids Distribution Assistant
- Friendly Visitor
- Income Tax Clinic Tax Return Preparer
- Literacy & English Tutor
- Meals on Wheels Delivery
- Security Check Caller
- Lend a Hand Home Maintenance Helper
- Special Events Helper
Please click the button below for more information about the commitment and description for the volunteer positions.
Why Volunteer for SECC?
Why volunteer for SECC?
Persons volunteer at SECC for a variety of reasons:
- Helping others in need.
- Making the community a better place to live.
- Sharing your time and talents with others.
- Gaining experience or clarifying employment interests.
- Keepng active during retirement.
- Fulfilling 40 hour community service high school diploma requirement.
- Supporting the clients, programs, and services of SECC.
- Wanting to “give back” after having been helped by SECC.
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
The first step in becoming a volunteer at SECC is to complete and submit a Volunteer Application Form. From there you will be contacted to set up an appointment where you can review possible opportunities (if you don’t have a specific position in mind for which you want to volunteer ) and learn about the required screening steps you’ll have to complete to become a volunteer for a specific position.
Most positions are based in and/or require duties be completed in the Leamington, Kingsville or Wheatley area unless otherwise stated.