Help for Employers
Career Hub has a variety of services available to employers who are looking to hire or provide training to employees. We have a variety of services available to employers who are looking to hire or provide training to employees.
Are you an Employer?
If you’re an employer looking for reliable, dependable and motivated individuals to help you meet the labour force needs of your business, SECC can help in a variety of ways.
- Post your jobs on the SECC Job Board
- Screen applicants for you and forward resumes to you for consideration
- Provide a space to interview candidates
- Facilitation of Job Fairs
- Assist you with an application for the Canada Ontario Job Grant, a training program to help new and existing employees improve their employment skills
- Provide job placement opportunities
- Help with job retention by providing job coaching services to ensure placements are successful
- Information on Apprenticeship hiring incentives
“We wouldn’t have our amazing workers if it wasn’t for SECC! They did a great job, the paperwork was easy to do, and they provided us with one of the best workers we have!”
In 1973, a group of concerned citizens had a vision to create a community sponsored agency that would address the various needs of the people of South Essex. The vision and efforts of two individuals mobilized the communities of South Essex to create the South Essex Community Council. The leadership of Father G.H. Duchene and JoAnne Fillimore shaped the work of SECC as a collaborative community-based, multi-service agency.