“There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.”
What are Community Services?
SECC’s Community Services are a collection of programs and services that help seniors and persons with disabilities remain independent in their own homes and fully participate in their community.
When to consider Community Services
- You want to live at home as long as possible.
- You are recovering from an illness, accident, injury or surgery at home and need some help until you’re back on your feet.
- You are a caregiver in need of assistance for your loved one or need respite for yourself.
Community Services are for persons who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You are age 55+
- You have a temporary or permanent disability or other chronic health conditions and you require supports to maintain your independence and/or mobility
For persons not meeting one of these criteria, please contact the office for more information or to discuss your needs and situation for possible consideration for admission on other grounds.
You do not need a referral from a doctor or other health care provider. We accept registrations directly from clients as well as caregivers looking for services for a loved one. While you are welcome to register in person at our main office, registration for most Community Services programs can easily be completed over the telephone in about 15-20 minutes. When you visit or call please have the following information readily available:
- Basic personal information such as name, address, phone number and date of birth
- Ontario Health Card Number
- The name and telephone numbers of two emergency contacts
- The name and telephone number of your Primary Care Provider (such as your doctor or nurse practitioner) if you have one
Some services, like the Adult Day Program and Friendly Visitation, have additional information requirements or may require a staff member to visit you at your home prior to starting services. Such requirements, if any, will be explained at the time of registration on the phone.
Request More Info
Volunteer for CS programs – many CS programs rely on volunteers to provide services. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please click on the link below to download a copy of SECC’s volunteer application or click here to complete a volunteer inquiry form.