Who We Are:
Established in 1986, Ground Effects has grown to become a multi-faceted supplier of interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry. We are a global company, headquartered in Windsor, Ontario.
At GFX, we have created a culture that values long-standing employees and excellence in everything we do. Employees can expect to be a part of a great team that values safety and quality.
Who You Are:
Ground Effects is currently searching for a Welder to join our Production team in Windsor, Ontario.
In this role, you will primarily be performing MIG welding within our corporate headquarters/manufacturing operations facility. You have prior welding experience and are comfortable independently welding metal substrates. You have excellent problem-solving skills, are computer savvy, possess a positive health and safety attitude and are passionate about continuous improvement.
What You Can Expect From the Role:
The responsibilities of the Welder team member are as follows:
- Receive job sheet and print from Production Supervisor and carry out duties as per required.
- Ensure that machine or job is set as per setup instruction with all required tools and fixturing (including checking fixtures) at job location. When and where required obtain assistance from Production Supervisor or designate.
- Ensure that work is being carried out as per work instructions (including quality requirements) first part off new set up to be checked by Q.A.
- Perform work so that production requirements are met.
- Ensure that all material whether in process or non-conforming is tagged as per applicable procedures.
- Work in compliance of the O.H.S.A. and site policies. Report all workplace incidents/accidents to your Supervisor. Use and wear the protective clothing, equipment or devices issued for protection and ensure that they are properly maintained. Notify Supervision if any protective material, equipment or device is missing or not functioning properly. Report unsafe acts or unsafe conditions.
- All welds must be clean in uniform.
- Will perform MIG welding only on steel.
- Welder must be able to weld various metal substrates (e.g. steel, alum, stainless steel.) and all types of product parts.
- Must maintain welding equipment.
- Must handle material with care (no heavy scratches).
- Incumbent is required to wear proper safety equipment. When welding stainless steel must have proper PPE and must be under ventilated hood.
- As required, perform welding functions for customized jobs according to blueprint and/or sample provided.
What Qualifications and Skills Do You Possess?
- Must have a general understanding of Quality Systems Requirements IATF 16949
- Must be aware of quality, productivity and safety standards as it relates to the job being performed and ensure that they are consistently met.
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Should be team-oriented.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and welding experience are both assets to this position.
- Must be aware of Epicor computer system log in and log out procedures
- Grade 12 education required.
- Must be proficient by Ground Effects as a qualified welder.
Other Important Details You Need to Know:
- Travel may be required.
- You must be able to conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Shift: Steady Midnights.
Are you ready to COME GROW WITH US?!
Apply today! For more information, please visit our website at www.gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest in our organization!
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.