Who We Are:
Established in 1986, Ground Effects has grown to become a multi-faceted supplier of interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry. We are a global company, headquartered in Windsor, Ontario.
At GFX, we have created a culture that values long-standing employees and excellence in everything we do. Employees can expect to be a part of a great team that values safety and quality.
Who You Are:
Ground Effects is currently searching for Production Associates to join our Production team in Kingsville, Ontario.
In this role, you will be working within our plastic injection molding facility often working at a plastic injection molding press. This is a hands-on role where you will be required to work independently to inspect, trim and pack plastic parts. Job rotation is common which will give you exposure to different machines, cells and parts. You have a great work ethic and are motivated to make positive contributions to the team. You have excellent teamworking skills, possess a positive health and safety attitude and are passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
What You Can Expect From the Role:
The responsibilities of the Production Associate team member are as follows:
- Receive job traveler and print from Supervisor and carry out duties as required.
- Ensure that the machine or job is set as per setup instruction with all required tools and fixturing (including checking fixtures) at job location.
- Ensure that work is being carried out as per work instructions (including quality requirements). First part off new set up must be checked by the Quality Coordinator.
- Perform work so that production requirements are met.
- Ensure that all material whether in process or non-conforming is tagged as per applicable procedures.
- Work in compliance of the O.H.S.A. and site policies. Report all workplace incidents/accidents to your Supervisor. Use and wear the protective clothing, equipment or devices issued for protection and ensure that they are properly maintained. Notify Supervisor if any protective material, equipment or device is missing or not functioning properly. Report unsafe acts or unsafe conditions. Ensure proper PPE is being worn.
What Qualifications and Skills Do You Possess?
- Must have a general understanding of Quality Systems Requirements IATF 16949.
- Must be aware of quality, productivity and safety standards as it relates to the job being performed and ensure that they are consistently met.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Should be team-oriented.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset.
- Knowledge and application of Epicor systems.
- Grade 12 education.
Other Important Details You Need to Know:
- Travel may be required.
- You must be able to conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Shift: Swing Shift or Steady Midnights
Are you ready to COME GROW WITH US?!
Apply today! For more information, please visit our website at www.gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest in our organization!
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.