Sensei Ag is a market-changing AgTech company aiming to solve global gaps and inconsistencies in nutrition, food safety, and food security through the transformative power of data. Guided by the capabilities and insights of our founders, technology entrepreneur Larry Ellison and Dr. David Agus, we design, develop and deploy cutting-edge agricultural technologies to build a better, more stable food supply that is capable of feeding our entire world nutritionally-relevant, delicious, affordable meals.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
Learn more from our website @ www.sensei.ag or by following us on LinkedIn. If you'd like to see what we are doing with our consumer-facing brand Sensei Farms, please check our Instagram!
The Packing Associate role assures that produce of the highest quality is packed into the appropriate containers, accurately labelled, and meets food safety, quality, and customer specification. This role supports the supply chain by consistently meeting productivity and efficiency targets and ensures optimal operation of the business.
- Visually inspect and handle fresh vegetable; grade by identifying different ripening stages, sizes and classification and package according to customer specification.
- Inspect produce and packaging for foreign object control pest or other contamination, report to personnel with authority.
- Responsible for the careful handling of produce; prevent bruising, or damage to the product; meet quality, food safety and packing standards set out by Line Leader and Supervisors.
- Cleaning and sanitization of all food contact surfaces and machines in the production area; maintain a clean work area throughout shift; report damages or mechanical issues to personnel with authority.
- Comply with SOPs, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Food Safety, Health and Safety, and company policies and procedures; ensure standards consistently meet expectations.
- Other core expectations as defined by the company.
Required Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- The position requires the ability to regularly lift to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail.
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs.; flexibility required.
- Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms.
- This job operates in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 36°F -45°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
Preferred Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety.
- General understanding of packhouse operations or previous packhouse or related experience.
- High School Diploma.