Who We Are:
Established in 1986, Ground Effects has grown to become a multi-faceted supplier of interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry. We are a global company, headquartered in Windsor, Ontario.
At GFX, we have created a culture that values long-standing employees and excellence in everything we do. Employees can expect to be a part of a great team that values safety and quality.
Who You Are:
Ground Effects is currently searching for a Machine Maintenance professional to join our growing Maintenance team in Kingsville, Ontario.
In this role, you will be performing preventive maintenance on machines throughout our plastic injection molding facility. You have a strong mechanical background and a good understanding of basic electricity, pneumatics and hydraulics. You have excellent troubleshooting and teamworking skills, possess a positive health and safety attitude and are passionate about continuous improvement.
What You Can Expect From the Role:
The responsibilities of the Machine Maintenance team member are as follows:
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance is carried out in a timely manner as per schedules. Any PM activity which results in longer downtime than originally scheduled must be reported to the Maintenance Coordinator.
- Ensure that all preventive maintenance performed is documented on the PM worksheets or on PM Check sheets.
- Worksheets are to be handed in after all applicable PM work is complete, check sheets are handed in on the last working day of each month.
- Ensure that all machine breakdowns are given prompt attention and troubleshoot for the cause of the breakdown. All repairs are to be performed and properly documented.
- Perform electrical repairs to machinery and/or building requirements.
- Ensure that any safety issues arising due to machine maintenance are immediately attended to.
- Inform the Maintenance Coordinator of all parts requirements in regards to preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that employee Preventive Maintenance activities are taking place and documented on PM Check sheets. Inform the Maintenance Coordinator of any situations where this is being neglected.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
What Qualifications and Skills Do You Possess?
- Two years community college in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must possess a certificate in Industrial Electronic Repair if performing any in depth electronic repairs.
- Certification as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic a definite asset.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience performing machine maintenance activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with IATF 16949 requirements especially as it relates to machine maintenance activities.
- Must have a strong mechanical background and have a general understanding of the function and operation of fabrication equipment.
- Must have blueprint reading knowledge.
- Must be team oriented and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Computer skills a definite asset.
- Must have excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of basic electricity, pneumatics and hydraulics a definite asset.
- Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver's license.
Other Important Details You Need to Know:
- Travel may be required.
- You must be able to conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Shift: Swing Shift.
Are you ready to COME GROW WITH US?!
Apply today! For more information, please visit our website at www.gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest in our organization!
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.