Lead Packing Associate
Sensei Ag is a market-changing AgTech company aiming to solve global gaps and inconsistencies in nutrition, food safety, and food security through the transformative power of data. Guided by the capabilities and insights of our founders, technology entrepreneur Larry Ellison and Dr. David Agus, we design, develop and deploy cutting-edge agricultural technologies to build a better, more stable food supply that is capable of feeding our entire world nutritionally-relevant, delicious, affordable meals.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
Learn more from our website or by following us on LinkedIn. If you'd like to see what we are doing with our consumer-facing brand Sensei Farms, please check our Instagram!
The Lead Packing Associate role is responsible for leading, facilitating and supporting all packing activities to ensure consistent fulfillment of orders, on time and in full and orders meet food safety, quality, and customer specification.
- Ensure safe, timely, and accurate packing of all products by leading and facilitating daily operations of the packing team.
- Assemble weekly & daily orders and translate into pick lists for efficient packing.
- Maintain clear and accurate documentation of key metrics, weights, targets, and results (i.e., clamshell production volumes, waste weights, etc.).
- Demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to food safety procedures and protocols, including the completion of all required documentation for food safety compliance (i.e., daily sanitation checklists, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with established protocols in the packing and handling operations, and with all company standards and procedures.
- Ensure raw product and materials used for processing are logged/pulled from inventory tracking, as necessary.
- Ensure the processing room and equipment are cleaned and sanitized, in accordance with the Food Safety Plan.
- Identify and implement opportunities for efficiency improvements to packaging processes.
- Other core expectations as defined by the company.
Required Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Collaborating with various teams; excellent interpersonal and communication skills and positive attitude.
- Strong emphasis on attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to the needs of the business in a high-stress environment with multiple demands and tight timelines.
- Self-motivated and proactive in identifying and adapting to opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- This job operates in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 36°F -45°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packing machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms.
Preferred Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- General understanding of packhouse operations or previous packhouse or related experience.
- Knowledge or experience with food safety, recall tracking, and food handling practices that minimize contamination and preserve product condition as well as Good Manufacturing Practices and Health and Safety.
- High School Diploma.