- Installs and repairs wiring and electrical fixtures.
- Plans new or modified installations to provide access for future maintenance and avoid unsightly and hazardous wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assemble, and installs electrical conduit.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Knowledge in conduit, ladder tray, wiring of various pumps, motors, sensors and control equipment, feeders and generators, is preferred but not an asset.
- Willing to work at heights and in hot temperatures
- Must be a licensed Journeyman 309A Electrician
- Education: College Diploma or training in vocational school
- Experience: 1-2 years of related experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Judgment and decision making
- Critical thinking
- Competitive wages
- Overtime Pay
- Premium Pay for Priva Controls Technician
- Safety Boot & Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance
- We pay for Ontario College of Trades Membership fees
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
- Vision Care