Health and Food Safety Coordinator
- Assuring that food safety and quality of all products produced meet company service, quality, cost, safety and management objectives.
- Implementing a certified Food Safety program that meets all requirements for NSF, SQF, Canada Gap and Primus audits
- Becoming certified in HACCP, EMP and other food safety programs
- Being a part of the Joint health and safety meetings and being a certified Joint Health and Safety Member
- Working with the Ministry of Labour when health and safety inspections take place
- Managing/ Implementing and working with all departments for the Health and Safety program.
- Insuring that all training that falls under Health and Safety if maintained for each department including but not limited to Forklift training, Heights and fall arrest, etc...
- Implement Compliance, Maintenance and continuous improvement of programs including (HACCP & SQF, SOP’s & SSOP’s, Supplier certification, Sanitation practices, Health and Safety, etc.)
- Review and maintain documentation of all manufacturing procedures for each HACCP program;
- Update facility HACCP system to ensure compliance with existing or changing regulatory requirements.
- Assist with all company Food & Health Safety Audits.
- Collaborate with procurement, operations and HR teams.
- Completing and submitting daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Daily/weekly warehouse walks to observe food safety and health hazards.
- Coordinate elements of the allergen control program including ingredient labeling, segregation, storage, clean-up process, verification of clean-ups, and validation of clean-ups
- Assist with Regulatory audits, 3rd Party inspections, Foods audits, customer inspections when necessary
- Enforce covid-19 protocols and liaise with the public health unit
- Health and Food Safety training for new hires and refresher training annually for employees
- Sending microbiological samples to the laboratory
- Record / Checklist keeping
- Attending webinars to keep up to date on Food & Health and Safety regulations
- Maintaining employee training records and scheduling training prior to the expiration date
- Conducting Health and Safety inspections and mitigating any hazards/risks
- Conducting risk assessments/hazard analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Salary dependent on experience