Greenhouse Operations Lead
Ketler Farms is a joint venture operation with Nature Fresh Farms Inc. It is a 30-acre state-of-the art greenhouse facility that is committed to quality vegetable production. Ketler Farms Inc. is currently accepting applications for full time positions for Greenhouse Operations Lead at our greenhouse/packing operations in Staples, ON.
Our Greenhouse Operations Leads play a key role in completing day-to-day greenhouse vegetable operations to ensure the necessary produce is harvested and packaged to meet customer orders and standards. It is a Greenhouse Operations Lead’s responsibility to ensure that employees apply proper plant maintenance for successful plant growth, picking, and pack for quality production. Leads will be assigned to areas that are most suited towards their skill set.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coaching employees and demonstrating proper plant maintenance processes such as pruning, twisting, de-leafing, picking, clipping, string tying etc. on an on-going basis.
- During crop turnover they are responsible for ensuring all cleanout tasks and start up tasks are completed including ensuring the greenhouse is cleaned and ready for planting.
- Monitoring plant conditions and reporting any concerns to the Growers.
- Ensuring production lines are organized, prepared, cleaned, and maintained to Health and Safety standards and ensuring only quality products are packaged.
- Overseeing the packing lines to ensure they are running efficiently; quickly troubleshooting issues to keep the Iines moving.
- Overseeing the inventory of packaging materials and re-ordering as required.
- Planning, delegating, motivating and lead the team well to improve performance and quality, while ensuring work is done efficiently, correctly, and up to quality standards.
- Training, organizing, and developing work schedules.
- Reviewing daily work orders and ensuring packs are completed according to pack instructions and customer specifications.
- Collaborating with the Growers and Management to ensure proper allocation of staff and work.
- Aiding in pest monitoring and helping staff identify pest and disease problems.
- Ensuring all company health and safety and food compliance policies, procedures and standards are adhered to while upholding and monitoring quality control to ensure standards are always met.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all proprietary information, as well as other Company data, including personnel information.
- Monitoring and reporting maintenance needs to the Growers and Maintenance Department or performing minor repairs in the greenhouse or warehouse.
- Maintaining and completing pre-operational and post cleaning procedure checklists for production lines.
- Providing feedback, performance reviews and if necessary, apply progressive discipline processes for non-compliances, in a respectful manner. ' Completing required paperwork according to policies set out by Ketler Farms.
- Troubleshoot and complete routine repairs, general maintenance, and preventative maintenance on smaller machines and equipment.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities, as directed.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual issues to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English & Spanish is an asset.
- Greenhouse Operations experience considered an asset,
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and to motivate a group of people.
- Documentation, attention to detail, and time management skills required.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- The greenhouse environment can be very hot, humid, moist, or cold for most of the year.
- The greenhouse environment may have bees, bugs, and pests.
- Working with a team of people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Hours will fluctuate to reflect ongoing needs of the business, 40-60 hours per week average.
- Available to work weekends and holidays.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Some heavy lifting.
- Utilizing and pulling a scissor cart.
Salary: Based on experience. $17 - $19/hour. Benefits included.
Work Location: 431 Mersea Road 11, Staples, ON
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to submit your resume to Human Resources via Indeed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Ketler Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Ketler Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.