Ketler Farms is a joint venture operation with Nature Fresh Farms Inc. It is a 30-acre state-of-the art greenhouse facility that is committed to quality vegetable production. Ketler Farms Inc. is continuously looking to fill permanent full-time positions for Greenhouse & Warehouse General Labour.
General Laborers are essential members of our operation. Without them, we would not be able to grow at the scale we do at Ketler Farms. General laborers are taught the skills necessary to work safely and efficiently, and they are expected to perform a wide array of tasks. A general labourer will often be assigned to specific tasks that are most suited towards their skill set.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Crop Start-up: Placing coco slabs, placing drip hose, rolling out CO2 hose, planting, tying strings, clipping plants, applying biologicals, etcetera
- Crop Cleanout: rolling out tarp, removing plants, sweeping, removing plant debris, washing and sanitizing the greenhouse.
- Crop Maintenance: Clipping, twisting, suckering, de-leafing, fruit pruning, de leafing, lowering the plants, biocontrol, spraying.
- Product Prep for Market: Picking the product, sorting product, packaging product, box making, stacking, tagging, cart driving, and machine operator.
- General cleanup will be expected in all areas of the greenhouse and warehouse on a continuous basis.
- Other duties a assigned by management or the company.
Work Place conditions and requirements:
- Work is physically demanding, fast paced and climates can vary from warm to cold.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time; bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Possibility of working at heights or lifting 15-25lbs.
- Environment can at times be humid.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Hours will fluctuate to reflect ongoing needs of the business – average 40-60 hours per week.
- Must be available Monday-Saturday, and in some occasions able to rotate on afternoon shift as required.
- Uniforms will be provided by the company should the employee choose. The employee will be responsible for the uniform cleaning fee which varies between $7.00-11.00 depending on the style.
- Experience is an asset, however, if the candidate shows commitment and potential we are willing to train. Education is not a requirement.
Salary; $15.83/hr- With some greenhouse activities you will have the potential to earn more with piece rate/bonuses however will earn no less than $15.83/hr.
Work Location: 431 Mersea Road 11, Staples, ON
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to submit your resume to Human Resources via Indeed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Ketler Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Ketler Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.83 per hour
Expected Start Date: 2022-12-01