Nature Fresh Farms Leamington is continuously looking to fill permanent full-time positions for Greenhouse & Warehouse General Labour.
General Laborers are essential members of our operation. Without them, it would not be possible for Nature Fresh to operate. General laborers are taught the skills necessary to work safely and efficiently and are expected to perform a wide array of tasks. They will often be assigned to specific tasks that are most suited towards their skill set.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Crop Start-up: Placing coco slabs, filling buckets, placing drip hose, rolling out plastic/tarp, planting, tying strings, clipping plants. etcetera
- Crop Cleanout: rolling up tarp, removing plants, sweeping, cleaning out plant debris, basic maintenance, washing and sanitizing the greenhouse.
- Crop Maintenance: Clipping, twisting, suckering, de-leafing, fruit pruning, lowering the plants, scout for pest & disease, applying biologicals, spraying, checking irrigation, applying fertilizer.
- Product Prep for Market: Picking the product, sorting product, packaging product, box making, stacking, tagging, cart driving, and machine operator.
- Continuous general cleanup inside/outside the greenhouse and all related areas. General Maintenance.
WORKING REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS
- Experience is an asset, however if the candidate shows commitment and potential we are willing to train. Education is not a requirement.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Work is physically demanding, fast paced and climates can vary from warm to cold.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time; bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Possibility of working at heights or lifting 15-25lbs.
- Environment can at times be humid.
- Hours will fluctuate to reflect ongoing needs of the business – average 40-55 hours be week.
- Must be available Monday-Saturday, and in some instances able to rotate on afternoon shift as required. Afternoon shift schedule is Sunday-Friday.
- Uniforms will be provided by the company should the employee choose. The employee will be responsible for uniform cleaning fees which varies between $7.00-11.00 depending on the style.
SALARY- $14.39/hr - with some activities you will have the potential to earn more with piece rate/bonuses/higher rate however will earn no less than $14.39/hr. Statutory holiday pay may apply in some departments.
634 Mersea Rd 7 Leamington ON, 645 HWY 77 Leamington ON, 525 Essex Rd 14 Leamington ON or 520 Mersea Rd 10 Leamington ON.