Crop Labour Supervisor
Via Verde Hydroponics is looking to hire for the position of Crop Labor Supervisor.
This job requires the supervisor to ensure that crop work and related work tasks are performed to meet minimum standard and quality requirements.
Crop Labor Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- work tasks are done correctly and employees are performing at a reasonable rate for such tasks
- Crop work progress is reported into our Labour system, "Hortimax"
- Keep inventory of tools used by employees in the greenhouses
- Provide reports to Supervisor & /or Managers
- Coordinate daily start and finish times
- Report any issues of company policies, rules and regulations are not adhered too.
- Ensure equipment is working properly and report any deficiencies to Maintenance Department
- Perform Evaluations on employees work performance and relay to supervisor/office staff
- Keeping all areas clean and tidy and free of debris
- Be able to work well with others, maintain healthy, positive atmosphere
- Evaluate labor needs with Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervisor experience in greenhouse an asset
- Be able to communicate in English and Spanish
- Ability to follow instructions, be able to work flexible hours ( Summer months are hot and humid and employee may be required to work longer hours than usual)
- Job is physically demanding, bending, walking, kneeling for majority of the work day required
- Ability to bend and lift up to 30lbs
- Ability to adapt to fast paced environments, hands on, flexible and hard working are important attributes with this position
- Computer knowledge an asset. Ability to operate excel/ Word and Hortimax
- Must be able to take direction and instructions from Supervisors/Managers/Owners
Only those who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be selected for an interview.