Sunrite Greenhouses Ltd. is looking to hire for the position of ASSISTANT GROWER
- Knowledge of climate control program (Hoogendoorn)
- Knowledge of labour program/system (Hortimax)
- Work with Grower to ensure labour is properly planned
- Evaluate new potential processes or new products to help increase revenue/help save operating costs
- Help supervise and control plant nutrition at all crop stages, recommend fertilizer or biological applications
- Ensure hydroponic crops meet acceptable harvests
- Recommend corrective actions on various crops at any stage
- Responsible for taking water samples, assess results and communicate with Grower any findings
- Other responsibilities/tasks as assigned
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Pesticide License
- Experience as Assistant Grower an asset
- Excellent time management, decision making and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Must be able to work independently
- Valid drivers license to travel to various greenhouse locations
- Valid passport as cross border travel may be necessary
This position requires Monday- Saturday availability with an immediate start date.
Salary: $50,000- $70,000 per year; successful candidate may be eligible for benefits
Applicants are encouraged to send resumes via mail, fax, email, or apply in person at our office location.
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for the interview process.