Army Reserve Infanteer
In order to apply for this position, you MUST meet three basic criteria:
- You MUST have 15 high school credits (Grade 10 in Ontario)
- You MUST be between 16 and 56 years old
- You MUST be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
You will be required to join the Canadian Armed Forces Army Reserve to be employed in this position.
This is NOT a civilian placement.
We offer skills that most employers find valuable, for example:
- Problem Solving
- First Aid/CPR/AED Training
There are opportunities to travel and work in many different environments.
All training is paid and when you are sent on training courses, all accommodations, and meals are covered by the employer.
As a Reservist with the Canadian Armed Forces, you do not sign a contract locking you in to a fixed period of service.
As an Army Reservist we offer: 100% medical coverage while on duty, a dental plan, and a pension plan. Pay rates are based on a daily rate with annual increases, and increases with promotions. Base pay is $101.96 per day.
This is an excellent opportunity for students. We offer a full time summer employment program that will provide the successful applicant the opportunity to work on a salary basis starting 1 May to 31 Aug, or any part thereof. This is guaranteed for the first four years that you are employed with us.
Infantry Soldiers are the Army’s primary combat fighters and are responsible for closing with and engaging the enemy. They are the core members of the Combat Arms team, which includes Artillery and Armoured Soldiers.
Infantry Soldiers are capable of operating anywhere in the world in any environment – Arctic tundra, mountains, jungle or desert – and in any combination of arms, including airmobile and amphibious operations.
The primary duties of an Infanteer are to:
- Expertly operate and maintain a wide range of weapons, including rifle, hand-grenades, light, medium and heavy machine-guns, and anti-tank weapons
- Use sophisticated equipment for field communications, navigation and night-vision surveillance
- Inspect and maintain weapon systems, vehicles, survival gear and personal defensive equipment
- Participate in airborne operations
- Operate with support elements such as fighter aircraft, tactical and artillery
- Engage in unarmed combat
- Employ camouflage and concealment, patrol, assault, defence, and escape-and-evasion tactics.
Infantry Soldiers normally work outdoors. Both in training and on operations they live and work in conditions that would resemble those in the field. Infantry Soldiers will be posted to a battalion in Canada, but there are employment opportunities across Canada and on deployed operations around the world.
Select "Talk to a Recruiter" when booking.
Online Information package:
Online Information package (Co-Op)