Temporary Full-time Employment Connections Program Leader
SOUTH ESSEX COMMUNITY COUNCIL
EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting Number: 2018-12
POSITION TITLE: Program Leader-Employment Connections (Temporary Full-time)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Leader’s role with SECC’s Employment Services is to provide the Department Coordinator of Employment Services with support and offer leadership to the Employment Connections program. Under the general supervision of the Employment Services Department Coordinator, the Program Leader assumes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Promote quality program delivery and assist in developing annual departmental action plan
- Take a lead role in monitoring Training Support Allowances (TSAs)
- Maintain a 50% minimum caseload and provide backfill services to front-line staff during vacations, leaves of absence, sick days, etc.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the program, i.e. act as point person for staff regarding programing and client service questions, scheduling, caseload distribution, training front-line staff
- Assist the Department Coordinator in outreach, act as a spokesperson for the program, attend community events
- Assist with staff performance management where appropriate
- Other duties as required
- Aid the Department Coordinator in readying monthly reports for the SECC Executive Director and quarterly reports for MTCU
- Prepare other reports/summaries/documents/proposals as required
Organization and Coordination
- Use appropriate tracking systems to monitor intakes, exits, follow-ups and all other applicable program statistics
- Coordinate scheduling of client services including client intakes, workshops, etc.; assist in workshop facilitation
- Monitor staff workloads to ensure equitable distribution of work and efficient program operations
- Attend monthly departmental meetings in order to maintain ongoing departmental communications.
- Oversee coordination of job fairs, information fair or special events related to the program and act as programs spokesperson maintaining an active community presence
- Carry out effective public relations to enhance consumer knowledge and participation
- Represent organization on external committees when appropriate
- Network and develop partnerships to enhance and build upon outreach services as they relate to SECC’s Employment Services
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
University Degree in Social Sciences (psychology, social work, sociology, etc.)
Community College Diploma in Career Development Practitioner
One to three years of demonstrated leadership and front-line experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide courteous, supportive and professional service at all times to clients, employers, coworkers and community partners
- Be attentive to detail and able to meet deadlines
- Work as part of a team and contribute to the smooth operations of the program
- Keep accurate and up-to-date program statistics
- Able to work in a busy and changing environment; capable of multi-tasking and of dealing with constant interruptions
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with clients and front-line staff
- Adhere to Ethical Counselling Standards and respect the privacy of clients
- Possess a familiarity with and general understanding of the Employment Ontario Employment Service guidelines, Job Connect guidelines and Summer Jobs Services guidelines
- Understand the mandate of the program and effectively communicate that mandate to clients, employers and community partnersHOURS AND SALARY
- 35 hours per week, flexible schedule depending on the needs of the program which may include some night and evening shifts
- Rate of pay in accordance with the Collective Agreement
- This is a maternity leave that will be commencing ASAP and lasting 12-18 months.
Please submit resumes by 4:30 p.m.
Friday, July 27, 2018
Manager of Human Resources
Please be sure to list all qualifications you possess as they relate to the qualifications in the posting.
- All of the qualifications in the posting are deemed necessary to perform the work required of the position
- Interviews and practical assessments will be conducted to clarify qualifications
- SECC is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of racialized communities, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.