Technical Consultant – Biological Crop Protection – LEAMINGTON
Koppert Canada Limited
More than 300 Koppert Technical Consultants worldwide ensure that growers are supported in handling their challenges daily. Besides operational advice, they devote much time and efforts towards communicating their basic knowledge concerning nature and its solutions.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and self-motivated candidates for a Technical Consultant position based in Leamington, ON.
A Technical Consultant in Koppert Canada (not limited to):
- Provides support and technical knowledge on Koppert products to customers through regular visits.
- Develops new markets and manages existing and prospecting customers.
- Provides accurate product forecasts.
- Provides customer support.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Permission to work and live in Canada is required.
- Have a degree or diploma in horticulture, entomology or biology from a recognized college or university.
- Have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Have a valid passport.
Required Competencies (ability to):
- Understand the elements of plant physiology, plant growth and nutrition.
- Set, prioritize and achieve goals – Individual efficiency
- Work with customers and understand their needs – customer orientation.
- Negotiate, mediate and resolve conflicts.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written in English.
- Work in a hot and humid environment and work with lifts/jacks at heights.
Additional (desired) skills
(It would be advantageous to demonstrate the following capabilities)
- Greenhouse experience as a grower or IPM staff member in hydroponic vegetable crops.
- Understand pollination with bumblebees and the interaction of chemical pesticides with bees.
- Identify popular greenhouse pests (e.g. Aphids, Mites, White Flies, Thrips, etc.) and plant diseases (e.g. Fusarium, Pythium, Botrytis, Phytophthora, etc.).
- Practical experience in elements of greenhouse growing environments, such as lighting systems, climate controls, irrigation and nutrition.
- Agricultural Sales Experience.
- License for (bio)pesticides application is an asset.