SECC Employment Services helps individuals who are unemployed and out of school to find and secure employment. All services are free.
Call our one of our two locations to arrange an appointment with one of our Employment Consultants.
Resource and Information
- Information is available on careers, the local labour market, training and educational opportunities and job search strategies
- Apprenticeship information
- Credential assessment information
- Resume preparation
- Computer and Internet access
- Faxing and photocopying services
- Passport to Safety, WHMIS, Career Cruising and SmartServe online training available (fees may apply to some training)
Employment Planning and Job Search Services
- Employment Consultants provide assistance with employment needs
- Establish short and long term goals and develop an action plan
- Learn strategies for job searching, effective resume preparation and interview skills
- Referral to employment planning workshops (STEPS)
Job Matching, Placement and Incentives
- Develop your skills and gain valuable work experience through job trials, volunteer placements, job shadows, subsidized on-the-job training or direct employment placements
- Training incentives are available to eligible employers to hire people who are ready and willing to learn a new job (Click here for more information)
Summer Jobs Service (SJS)
Students 15-30 years of age can get assistance with job searching for summer jobs or part-time year-round employment. Valuable work experience and a needed income can help students in developing their future career goals.
S.T.E.P.S. (Strategies to Employment Planning & Success)
Monthly workshops are available to provide job seekers with information, education, and training on a variety of topics to enhance their job readiness and career development. Contact Job Connect staff to sign up for the next series of free STEPS workshops.
Workshop topics include:
- Personalities Dimensions™
- Polished for Success
- Interview Skills
- How to find a Job in a Crummy Economy
- Online Job Searching
Job Searching Tips
Labour Market Information