Provides seniors, persons convalescing and persons with disabilities with hot, nutritious meals up to seven days a week to maintain a balanced diet, proper nutrition and to enhance their social contact and safety.
MOW aims to:
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet
- Increase independence and help persons remain in their home longer
- Help decrease feelings of isolation and insecurity by providing persons served with regular social contact
Meals are delivered by a network of caring and dedicated volunteers and new volunteers are always welcome.
EligibilityMeals on Wheels are available to persons who are residents of Leamington, Kingsville or Wheatley and are:
- A senior; or
- An adult age 18+ who is temporarily or permanently disabled; or who is convalescing from accident, illness or injury and is unable to meet their nutritional requirements without assistance.
CostUrban Leamington & Kingsville
$5.50 per meal
Rural Leamington, Kingsville & all of Wheatley
$6.00 per meal
Please call the office at (519) 326-0527 for the rates in your area.
Delivery AvailabilityHot meals are delivered by noon up to seven days a week including all holidays if needed. Persons requiring more than one meal per day should order two meals and properly store the second meal for eating at a later time.
Types of MealsAll meals are nutritionally balanced and consist of an entrée, vegetable, starch, soup and dessert. Special dietary needs and texture modifications can be accommodated, including:
- Low fat or salt
- Chopped, pureed or liquefied
New Volunteers Welcome!Volunteers are the backbone of this program. If you have a couple of hours in the morning and want to deliver meals we want to hear from you! Call (519) 326-8629 for more information.
Meals on Wheels
South Essex Community Council
215 Talbot Street East
Leamington, ON N8H 3X5
Phone: (519) 326-0527
Fax: (519) 326-1529