Our Employment Services program, called Employment Connections assists anyone looking for work including: those new to the workforce, those seeking a change in careers, newcomers, people returning to the workforce, older workers and individuals seeking apprenticeships.
The Employment Connections program provides employment services to help you find work. We provide resources – such as information about who’s hiring in your community — as well as personalized advice and services to help people assess their skills and experience, find work and start on the path to skills training. We also help employers hire people with the skills they need. We can help in a number of ways. We provide:
- an assessment of your skills and experience
- information about different careers and occupations
- local labour market, employment and training opportunities
- information about all Employment Ontario programs and services
- advice about and referral information to other community services and support
- you can learn about developing effective job search strategies including resumé preparation
Depending on your particular employment needs and career goals, an Employment Consultant will determine whether you need more individualized assistance and support to help you develop your career and set goals, assess your skills and interests, and prepare you for interviews and employment.
You may be eligible for on-the-job training and/or work experience support, and in some cases, additional support to help keep you at work.